WALL STREET JOURNAL
NATIONAL REVIEW ONLINE
THE WEEKLY STANDARD
DRUDGE REPORT
THE WASHINGTON POST
SAN DIEGO UNION-TRIBUNE
NEW YORK TIMES








Matthew Hoy currently works as a metro page designer at the San Diego Union-Tribune.

The opinions presented here do not represent those of the Union-Tribune and are solely those of the author.

If you have any opinions or comments, please e-mail the author at: hoystory -at- cox -dot- net.

Dec. 7, 2001
Christian Coalition Challenged
Hoystory interviews al Qaeda
Fisking Fritz
Politicizing Prescription Drugs

RSS FEED
<< current


Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More













A note on the Amazon ads: I've chosen to display current events titles in the Amazon box. Unfortunately, Amazon appears to promote a disproportionate number of angry-left books. I have no power over it at this time. Rest assured, I'm still a conservative.



Monday, October 27, 2003
Fire photos: I can't get too close -- though if I wanted to I'm sure I could use my Union-Tribune ID to bluff my way past the police lines -- but the Paradise Fire here in the Escondido area is still going strong.

The Wild Animal Park has been closed and the California Condor exhibit has been evacuated.

The closest fire area is probably about 2-3 miles away from my condo, but there is apparently little danger right now.


This is the road leading to the San Diego Wild Animal Park.


This picture was taken about 2 p.m. today. The air quality is bad just about everywhere in San Diego County.


This is the intersection of East Valley Parkway and Hidden Trails Rd. About an hour after I passed by the fire really flared up in this area.

4:21 PM

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger Pro™